All are available in print and PDF as part of the John Carter of Mars Collection on Modiphius.net and in PDF only on DriveThruRPG.com.
"My attention was quickly riveted by a large red star close to the distant horizon. As I gazed upon it I felt a spell of overpowering fascination—it was Mars, the god of war, and for me, the fighting man, it had always held the power of irresistible enchantment. As I gazed at it on that far-gone night it seemed to call across the unthinkable void, to lure me to it."
The John Carter of Mars: Player’s Guide transports you to the Red Planet of Barsoom, an arid, dying land of ancient civilizations and fearsome creatures. Begin your adventures of romance and heroism using a pulp-action inspired variant of the 2d20 System. Take on the role of heroes as you travel, battle, and romance your way across the wondrous and dangerous world of Barsoom. Play as John Carter, Princess Dejah Thoris, the fearsome Thark warrior Tars Tarkas – or create your own heroes from an exciting variety of options.
- Create a wide variety of characters such as a Dashing Red Martian Duelist, a Brilliant First Born Scientist, a Savage Beastmaster, a Courageous Airship Officer, even Earthborn characters, so players can follow in the bounding footsteps of John Carter himself!
- Includes all the core rules you need to play, including Momentum, Luck and test resolution.
- Includes a chapter containing all of the combat and action rules you need for daring, heroic fights on the world of Barsoom!
In the John Carter of Mars: Character and Token Card Deck, see the famed heroes and strange creatures that inhabit the dying world. 52 character and creature art cards, 3 narrator character reference cards, all with card backs for Threat, Momentum and Luck are sure to make your John Carter of Mars campaigns come to life!
Full colour US poker size cards
- 52 character and creature art cards
- 3 narrator reference cards for NPC characters
- Card backs which feature symbols to represent Threat, Momentum and Luck
In the Landscape and Location Card Deck, explore the beautiful, terrifying and wondrous landscapes of the Red Plant with these 52 landscape art cards. With amazing vistas of the plant on the front and evocative, descriptive text on the back, you’ll truly transport your players to Barsoom when you use these to enhance your John Carter of Mars campaigns.
- 52 full colour tarot size cards
- Card fronts feature beautiful artwork of Barsoom's landscapes
- Card backs feature descriptive text to inspire you games.